Sunday 29 July 2012

Woodland Creation


***
When I was growing up, the world was full of magic. There was no question about it for me; fairies existed, princesses lived in castles and there was always a Prince to come to your rescue. I grew up, for much of my life, in the middle of the woods in a place called Castle Hornick, the name in itself sounds magical doesn't it? 6 St Silivence, Cedar wood chalet, Castle Hornick (you can still see this address scribbled in a childlike manner in all of my Beatrix Potter books!)
At Castle Hornick I would: climb the waterfalls, walk for hours, make potions out of the exotic plants and leave notes for the fairies who lived near the river; the magic took over me and it was like a realm of its own away from the rest of the world.
We moved from Castle Hornick when I was coming up 11 but, at 22, that sense of magic and adventure is still in me.
You may call me a dreamer and you would be right in doing so. I have spent the rest of my life trying to find the happier side of every cloud and climbing the ladder to my dreams. Life is here to be lived and I want to live mine.
Today I went on an adventure into the woods at Bosvigo, bringing with me an MUA, a model and my camera.
These pictures reflect my childhood. I hope you like the outcome.
http://pour0vous.tumblr.com

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?